Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

The Jeep

I don't have much to add about the jeep. We rented it from the husband of Emily's boss. He was a trusting fellow. Emily and I took a taxi to his house. He quickly showed us a few things, gave us the key, and sent us on our way. It was well-used, but reliable vehicle. It had a clutch, so Emily and I had to re-acquaint ourselves with stickshift driving. For some reason, I remembered the Anti-Christ from the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy". But we had no problems with this outfit.

Terry and Andy were a bit nervous about this entire caper, but it worked out well. Emily did a great job behind the wheel. She got us out of Quito (with navigational help from Marlene) and I took over once we got out on the highway. Andy also took a turn later when he became more comfortable with the situation.

Here are a couple of pictures of the jeep.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?